Rate this Recipe
- 1 ¼ pounds zucchini (about 3 medium zucchini)
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fres vegetables before preparing.
- Wash zucchini with water.
- Cut zucchini in half crosswise, then cut each half into 4 lengthwise sticks.
- Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oregano and garlic, and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini and lemon peel, and sauté for about 3 minutes until zucchini is lightly browned.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)calories, 39; carbohydrate, 4g; protein, 4g; total fat, 1g; saturated fat, 0g; trans fat, 0g; cholesterol, 2mg; fiber, 2g; total sugars, 0g; sodium, 25mg; calcium, 56mg; folate, 24mcg; iron, 1mg; percent calories from fat, 33%.
Recipe adapted from Network for a Healthy California
Makes 5 servings, 1 cup per serving.