Yellow Squash Casserole
Rate this Recipe
- 8 medium squash, sliced and chopped
- 4 onions, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup unsalted crackers, crumbled
- Wash hands with soap and warm water. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Slice and chop squash into fourths. Fry squash and onions in oil in a skillet over medium heat, approximately 10 minutes or until tender.
- Put mixture in a mixing bowl. Add garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix milk and egg in a bowl, beat well. Add to squash. Add cheese.
- Return to skillet. Cook over medium heat until all cheese is melted and mixed completely. Stir to avoid sticking. Do not over stir.
- Transfer to a casserole dish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs and bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)calories, 226; carbohydrate, 33 g; protein, 10 g; total fat, 8 g; saturated fat, 2 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol 32 mg; fiber, 5 g; total sugars, 15 g; sodium, 329 mg; calcium, 223 mg; folte, 82 mcg; iron, 2 mg; percent calories from fat, 29%.
Makes 6 servings.Recipe provided by Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church. From the kitchen of Peggy Brown.