Watermelon Blueberry Banana Split
- A healthy banana split for the 4th of July or anytime! Seedless watermelon makes preparation easy.
- 2 large bananas
- 8 scoops* of watermelon
- 1 pint fresh blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries
- ½ cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- ¼ cup crunchy cereal nuggets
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh fruits before preparing.
- Peel bananas and cut in half crosswise. Cut each piece in half lengthwise. For each serving, lay 2 banana pieces against sides of shallow dish.
- Place watermelon “scoop” at each end of dish.
- Fill center space with berries.
- Stir yogurt until smooth. Spoon over watermelon “scoops”.
- Sprinkle with cereal nuggets.
* Using ice cream scoop, scoop balls of watermelon. Remove seeds if needed.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 120; Carbohydrate, 29 g; Protein, 2 g; Total Fat, 1 g; Saturated Fat, 0 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 1 mg; Fiber, 4 g; Total Sugars, 17 g; Sodium, 33 mg; Calcium, 42 mg; Folate, 68 mcg; Iron, 1 mg; Percent Calories from Fat, 8%.
Makes 4 servings.