Rate this Recipe
- Add shredded cheese or chopped cooked chicken or beef with the rice, if desired.
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 red or green bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 lime or lemon cut into quarters
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp tender.
- Stir in spinach and tomatoes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach wilts.
- Stir in rice, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, until hot.
- Divide rice mixture among the tortillas, add a squeeze of lemon or lime and wrap to enclose filling.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Nutrient analysis per serving: calories, 223; carbohydrate, 37 g; protein, 5 g; total fat, 9 g; saturated fat, 1 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 0 mg; fiber, 4 g; total sugars, 5 g; sodium, 316 mg; calcium, 70 mg; folate, 72 mcg; iron, 2 mg; percent calories from fat, 24%.
Makes 4 servings.