Rate this Recipe
- ½ cup bulgur, uncooked
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup diced cucumber
- ¾ cup diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water. Wash fresh fruits and vegetables before preparing them.
- In a small stockpot, bring water to a rolling boil.
- Add bulgur; cover, and turn heat off. Leave the stockpot on the hot burner. Keep covered, and let stand for 20 minutes. Drain any excess liquid, fluff with a fork, and allow bulgur to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cooled bulgur, cucumber, tomato, parsley, mint, green onions, and garlic.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Combine dressing with the other ingredients; mix well.
- Refrigerate; let chill for at least 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to fuse.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 69; Carbohydrate, 11 g; Protein, 2 g; Total Fat, 35 g; Saturated Fat, 0 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber, 3 g; Total Sugars, 1 g; Sodium, 103 mg; Calcium, 15 mg; Folate, 12 mcg; Iron, 1 mg; Percent Calories from Fat, 39%.
Makes 6 servings, approximately ½ cup each.