Spinach Stuffed Red Bell Peppers
Rate this Recipe
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 pounds fresh spinach or 2 packages (10 ounces each) chopped frozen spinach
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Wash hands with soap and warm water. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Place the pepper halves in a steamer and steam 3 minutes over boiling water. Set aside.
- Chop and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Steam spinach for 3 minutes or until wilted.
- Press out excess water and fill the pepper halves.
- Steam the stuffed peppers 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Cut each half into 2 wedges and serve.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)calories, 79; carbohydrate, 13 g; protein, 7 g; total fat, 1 g; saturated fat, 0 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 0 mg; fiber, 7 g; total sugars, 4 g; sodium, 328 mg; calcium, 231 mg; folate, 478 mcg; iron, 7 mg; percent calories from fat, 11%.
Makes 4 servings, ½ pepper each.