Spaghetti With a Secret
Rate this Recipe
- 12 ounces dry spaghetti
- 2 cups cooked carrots or broccoli or 1 cup of each
- 4 cups of your favorite low-sodium spaghetti sauce
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions, drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- Place the cooked vegetables in blender container and add the spaghetti sauce.
- Cover the blender container with a lid and blend until smooth.
- Place sauce into large saucepan and heat.
- Toss the spaghetti with the sauce and heat through.
- Divide among 6 plates and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 406; Carbohydrate, 68 g; Protein, 3 g; Total Fat, 5 g; Saturated Fat, 2 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 8 g; Fiber, 9 g; Total Sugars, 18 g; Sodium, 198 mg; Calcium, 158 mg; Folate, 78 mcg; Iron, 2 mg; Percent Calories from Fat, 7%.
Recipe provided by Graham Kerr's "Do Yourself a Flavor."
Makes 6 servings, 1 cup each.