Roasted Root Vegetables
Rate this Recipe
- 4 root vegetables, choose a variety from potatoes, rutabagas, turnips, parsnips, beets, sweet potatoes, etc.
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash vegetables with water before preparing.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut vegetables into large chunks.
- Place in a medium bowl and pour oil over top. Add seasonings or Parmesan and mix well.
- Spread an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour or until tender. Check a few vegetables to see if they are tender.
- Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers for up to two days.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 220; Carbohydrate, 27 g; Protein, 4 g; Total Fat, 12 g; Saturated Fat, 2 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 5 mg; Fiber, 5 g; Total Sugars, 8 g; Sodium, 123 mg; Calcium, 108 mg; Folate, 58 mcg; Iron, 2 mg.
Makes 4 servings; ¼ of the pan each.