Rise and Shine Muffins
Rate this Recipe
- 1 whole wheat English muffin, halved
- 2 large tomato slices
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- 2 teaspoons part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon dried basil, or 1 basil leaf shredded
- Wash hands with soap and warm water.
- Heat broiler to high.
- Toast each half of the English muffin in a toaster and place on a baking sheet.
- Place a tomato slice on each toasted English muffin half.
- Place the egg slices on top of the tomato.
- Sprinkle the cheese, oregano and basil on top of the egg slices.
- Broil in oven until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 230; Carbohydrate, 30 g; Protein, 13 g; Total Fat, 7 g; Saturated Fat, 2.5 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 220 mg; Fiber, 5 g; Total Sugars, 6 g; Sodium, 400 mg; Calcium, 264 mg; Folate, 37 mcg; Iron, 3 mg; Calories from fat, 27%.
Makes 1 serving - Recipe Courtesy of Team 4 Nutrition