Pumpkin Jalapeño Hummus
- 1 cup canned pumpkin, unsalted
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 (15-ounce can) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup water
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Add canned pumpkin, garlic, garbanzo beans, jalapeño, lemon juice, olive oil, coriander, cumin and salt into a food processor fitted with the chopping blade or blender.
- Power on machine and slowly pour water through the opening in the top of the food processor using just enough water to achieve a thick consistency. Continue processing for about 1 minute to thoroughly blend ingredients.
- Serve. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Cook’s Note: For a spicier dip, add the whole jalapeno with seeds.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 90; Carbohydrate, 14 gm; Protein, 3 gm; Total Fat, 2.5 gm; Saturated Fat, 0 gm; Trans Fat, 0 gm; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber, 3 gm; Total Sugars, 0 gm; Sodium, 280 mg; Calcium, 27 mg; Folate, 40 mcg; Iron, 1 mg; Calories from Fat, 25%.
Makes 8 servings, ½ cup each