Oven Roasted BBQ Pork and Cabbage
- 12 ounces boneless pork sirloin
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 largel red apples, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh fruit and vegetables before preparing.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Dice apples with skin on and discard cores.
- Cut pork into 1 inch pieces and set aside.
- Whisk oil, brown sugar, coriander, paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper in a 9 x 14 baking pan.
- Add cabbage, apples, and pork to pan. Toss evenly to coat.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 240; Carbohydrates, 20 g; Protein, 21 g; Total Fat, 9 g; Saturated Fat,1.5 g; Trans Fat,0 g; Cholesterol, 55 mg; Fiber, 4g; Total Sugars, 16 g; Sodium, 380 mg; Calcium, 54mg; Folate, 34 mcg; Iron, 1.2 mg.
Makes 4 servings, approximately ¼ of the pan.