Kale and Cranberry Stir-fry
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups chopped kale (leaf portion, no stems)
- ¼ cup juice from an orange
1. Wash hands with warm water and soap.
2. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
3. Add oil and onion to large skillet. Stir and sauté over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet) until onion is clear.
4. Add cranberries and garlic powder. Continue to sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add kale. Pour orange juice over top of kale. Continue to stir fry for about 5 minutes until kale is wilting and hot.
6. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 47.03; Carbohydrate, 7.61 gm; Protein, 3.02 gm; Total Fat, 1.43 gm; Saturated Fat, 0.18 gm; Trans Fat, 0 gm; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber, 1.48 gm; Total Sugars, 1.15 gm; Sodium, 25.87 mg; Calcium, 103.22 mg; Folate 25.17 mcg; Iron, 1.02 mg; Calories from Fat, 27%.
Makes 6 servings, approximately ¾ cup per serving