Jalapeño Red Bean Burgers
Rate this Recipe
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeño chili, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups cooked kidney beans
- 4 to 6 Tablespoons barbecue sauce
- ⅓ to ⅔ cup bread crumbs
- Wash hands with soap and warm water. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Stir fry onion, tomato, chili, garlic, and chili powder in a small amount of water, until well softened and beginning to caramelize.
- In a bowl, mash beans.
- Add onion mixture and barbecue sauce, to taste.
- Add bread crumbs, enough so that mixture can be formed into patties that hold together.
- Grill or fry in nonstick pan with no oil.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Nutrient analysis per serving: calories, 244; carbohydrate, 46 g; protein, 12 g; total fat, 12 g; saturated fat, 0 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 0 mg; fiber, 8 g; total sugars, 10 g; sodium, 407 mg; calcium, 67 mg; folate, 125 mg; iron, 4 mg; percent of calories from fat, 7%
Makes 4 servings, one burger each.