Grapefruit Avocado Salad
- 1 cup diced pink grapefruit segments
- ¼ cup green onions, green and white parts finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup diced avocado
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh fruits and vegetables before preparing.
- Combine grapefruit, green onions, garlic, jalapeno, lime zest, lime juice, sugar, cilantro and salt in a small bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Gently fold avocado into mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 110; Carbohydrate, 18 gm; Protein, 1 gm; Total Fat, 3.5 gm; Saturated Fat, 0 gm; Trans Fat, 0 gm; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber, 3 gm; Total Sugars, 13 gm; Sodium, 240 mg; Calcium, 28 mg; Folate, 38 mcg; Iron, 0 mg; Calories from Fat, 29%.
Makes 2 servings, ½ cup each