Egg and Veggie Scramble
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup fresh or frozen vegetables, chopped (such as spinach, kale, chard, peppers, peas, onion, summer squash, mushrooms)
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash vegetables with water before preparing.
- Sauté veggies in a medium skillet with a teaspoon of olive oil. Place in a medium-size bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to skillet, add eggs and stir over medium heat.
- When eggs are partially cooked, add sautéed veggies. Cook until eggs are just set. Add a pinch of salt, pepper, and desired toppings.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 150; Carbohydrate, 3 g; Protein, 9 g; Total Fat, 11 g; Saturated Fat, 2.5 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 245 mg; Fiber, 1 g; Total Sugars, 1 g; Sodium, 100 mg; Calcium, 49 mg; Folate, 51 mcg; Iron, 1.5 mg; Calories from Fat, 66%.
Makes 2 servings; approximately 1 cup each.