Corn & Tomatillo Soup
- 1½ cups tomatillos
- 1½ cups chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- ¼ cup chopped spinach
- 3¾ cups whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Wash hands with soap and warm water. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Sauté tomatillos, onion and garlic with margarine for five minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a food processor or blender container. Add peas and cilantro. Purée until chunky.
- Pour the mixture into a large pot and add chicken broth, diced green chilies, chopped spinach, corn, and sugar.
- Heat and serve.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)calories, 109; carbohydrate, 21 g; protein, 5 g; total fat, 2 g; saturated fat, 0 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 0 mg; fiber, 3 g; total sugars, 8 g; sodium, 110 mg; calcium, 16 mg; folate, 47 mg; iron, 1 mg; percent calories from fat, 17%.
Makes 8 servings.