Citrus Kohlrabi Salad
- 1 large orange, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced kohlrabi
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Wash hands with soap and warm water. Wash fresh produce before preparing.
- Peel orange and trim away white pith and discard. Cut orange into 1/2 inch cubes and transfer diced orange with juices from cutting board into a medium size mixing bowl.
- Peel kohlrabi and discard peel. Cut kohlrabi into 1/2 inch cubes. Add to mixing bowl with the oranges.
- Add oil, garlic, salt, pepper, raisins, and romaine lettuce. Toss well and serve.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 140 ; Carbohydrates, 23 g; Protein,3 g; Total Fat, 5 g; Saturated Fat,0 g; Trans Fat,0 g; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber, 5 g; Total Sugars, 17 g; Sodium, 140 mg; Calcium, 80 mg; Folate, 103 mcg; Iron, 1 mg.
Makes 2 servings, approximately 1 ½ cup each