Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus
Rate this Recipe
- 1 15-oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- Wash hands with soap and warm water. Wash all fresh fruits and vegetables before preparing.
- Open the can of garbanzo beans. Drain and rinse.
- Chop 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves. Peel and chop the garlic. Finely chop 1 tablespoon of the jalapeno pepper (about half the pepper).
- In a blender, combine the beans, cilantro, garlic, and jalapeno. Add the lemon juice, lime juice, and water.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately with fresh vegetables or whole grain pita chips or crackers. Cover and refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 80; Carbohydrate,9g; Protein, 2 g; Total Fat, 4 g; Saturated Fat, 1 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber, 2 g; Total Sugars, 2 g; Sodium, 78 mg; Calcium, 18 mg; Folate, 16 mcg; Iron, 1 mg; Calories from Fat, 44%.
4 cups each