Chocolate Tofu Pudding
Rate this Recipe
- 1 cup or one 8-ounce package of silken tofu
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Wash hands with soap and warm water.
- In a blender or food processor, blend tofu a few seconds at a time to start to break it up.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and water. Microwave for 30 seconds or until the chocolate chips start to melt. Stir the mixture until combined.
- Add half of the chocolate mixture to the blender or food processor and blend together until combine, about 10-15 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the blender or food processor and add all remaining ingredients. Blend to combined.
- Pour pudding into a bowl or individual serving dishes and refrigerate for at least four hours.
- Serve chilled. Add your favorite fruit, nuts, or other toppings.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 180; Carbohydrate, 19 g; Protein, 4 g; Total Fat, 10 g; Saturated Fat, 5 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber, 2 g; Total Sugars, 15 g; Sodium, 55 mg; Calcium, 76 mg; Folate, 4 mcg; Iron, 1 mg.
Makes 3 servings, approximately ½ cup each