Chipotle Apple Slaw
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt, non-fat
- 1 tablespoon diced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (about 1 pepper)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- ¼ cup diced sweet onion
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup diced apple with skin
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh fruits and vegetables before preparing.
- Combine yogurt, chipotle pepper, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk well until mixed and set aside.
- Add cabbage, onion, carrots, apple and parsley to yogurt mixture. Toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes prior to serving to allow the cabbage to wilt and flavors to develop.
Cook’s Note: Use less chipotle pepper to decrease the spiciness.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 80; Carbohydrate, 16 gm; Protein, 3 gm; Total Fat, 1.5 gm; Saturated Fat, 0 gm; Trans Fat, 0 gm; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber, 3 gm; Total Sugars, 11 gm; Sodium, 180 mg; Calcium, 54 mg; Folate, 23 mcg; Iron, 1 mg; Calories from Fat, 16%.
4 servings, 1 cup each