1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons olive oil
¼ cup chopped sweet onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
½ cup Greek yogurt, non-fat
½ teaspoon sugar
1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, part skim
½ cup diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Using a paring knife pierce 6-8 holes into the squash around the stem end. Place the whole squash in the microwave and cook for about 8 minutes or until skin slightly gives when squeezed. Allow to rest in microwave for about 5 minutes to continue steaming.
- When squash is cool, slice in half lengthwise and gently scrape out the seeds and discard. Use a fork to scrape squash noodles into a large mixing bowl.
- Add flour to squash and toss well.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook 1 minute stirring occasionally be careful and don’t let the garlic turn dark.
- Add spaghetti squash, yogurt, sugar and cheese. Stir to combine and cook 2-3 minutes or until warmed through and fragrant.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with diced tomatoes and parsley. Serve warm.
Servings:Makes 4 servings, 1 cup each
Calories, 120; Carbohydrate, 17 gm; Protein, 7 gm; Total Fat, 4 gm; Saturated Fat, 1.5 gm; Trans Fat, 0 gm; Cholesterol, 5 mg; Fiber, 3 gm; Total Sugars, 7 gm; Sodium, 330 mg; Calcium, 132 mg; Folate, 25 mcg; Iron, 1 mg; Calories from Fat, 29%.