Cheesy Crunchy Chicken
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup 1% low fat milk
- 1 ½ cups cornflakes
- 1 cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese*
- 6 – 3 oz chicken breast filets; cut into strips
- Non-stick cooking spray
- *Use 2% reduced fat cheese if low fat is not available
- Wash hands with warm water and soap.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In one bowl mix flour with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a second, separate bowl, beat the eggs with milk.
- In a third separate bowl, crumble the cornflakes and mix with the cheese.
- Generously coat a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dip chicken pieces in flour, then into the egg-wash, then roll in the cheesy-flakes mixture, coating the entire piece of chicken and place on the baking pan.
- Discard any unused mixes after coating chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning halfway through to ensure even browning.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)calories, 236; carbohydrate, 22 g; protein, 27 g; total fat, 4 g; saturated fat, 1 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 52 mg; fiber, 1g; total sugas, 3 g; sodium, 254 mg; calcium, 126 mg; foltate, 38 mcg; iron, 3 mg; percent calories from fat, 15%. Recipe adapted from 3-A-Day™.
Makes 6 servings, 1, 3 oz filet each