Berry Good Banana Split with Yogurt
- 1 small banana, peeled
- 1 cup fat free plain yogurt
- ¼ cup crushed whole grain dry cereal or low-fat granola
- ½ cup strawberries cut in halves
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh fruits before preparing.
- Cut the banana in half lengthwise (from tip to tip) or for small kids cut into thin slices.
- Spoon yogurt into a two small cereal bowls.
- Place the banana halves on the sides of the yogurt or arrange the slices around it.
- Top the yogurt with half of whole grain cereal or low-fat granola.
- Add strawberries or other fruits.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories 130; Carbohydrate 27 gm; Protein 7 gm; Total Fat 1.5 gm; Saturated Fat 0 gm; Trans Fat 0 gm; Cholesterol 5 mg; Fiber 3 gm; Total Sugars 15 gm; Sodium 75 mg; Calcium 161 mg; Folate 17 mcg; Iron 0.50 mg; Percent Calories from Fat 10%.
Makes 2 servings. Recipe provided by Nutrition.gov