Rate this Recipe
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini (optional)
- Juice of half a lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper and salt, to taste
- Wash hands with soap and warm water.
- Combine all ingredients in blender and process.
- Stop blender periodically and stir down sides.
- Process until smooth.
- . Store in a container with a lid for up to five days.
- Serve with bread, crackers, or sliced veggies.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 109; Carbohydrate, 8 g; Protein, 3 g; Total Fat, 7.5 g; Saturated Fat, 1 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber, 2 g; Total Sugars, 1 g; Sodium, 70 mg; Calcium, 21 mg; Folate, 14 mcg; Iron, 1 mg.
Makes 8 servings, approximately ½ cup per portion.