Banana in a Blanket
- 1 (6 inch) whole wheat tortilla
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon granola cereal
- 1 medium banana, peeled
- 1 teaspoon honey*
- Wash hands with warm water and soap.
- Put the tortilla on a plate and spread peanut butter evenly on the tortilla
- Sprinkle the granola on the peanut butter
- Place the banana on the tortilla
- Roll the tortilla up
- Drizzle the honey on top (or put honey on the inside if child will use hands to eat).
*Honey should not be fed to infants less than one year of age
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 360; Carbohydrate, 65 g; Protein, 10 g; Total Fat, 10 g; Saturated Fat, 2.5 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber, 7 g; Total Sugars, 23 g; Sodium, 400 mg; Calcium, 9 mg; Folate, 36 mcg; Iron, 1 mg; Percent of Calories from Fat, 25%
Recipe adapted from the Cool Fuel Cookbook for Kids and Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH).