Baja Bean Dip
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) low-sodium tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) low-sodium fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) low-sodium corn, drained
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cups of low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Wash hands with warm water and soap.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet, combine 1 cup tomatoes, refried beans, ½ can of the corn, and chili powder. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot.
- Spoon into 8x8 – inch baking dish. Top with remaining corn and tomatoes and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 109; carbohydrate, 15 g; protein, 8 g; total fat, 2 g; saturated fat, 0.86 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 4 mg; fiber, 3 g; total sugars, 4 g; sodium, 302 mg; calcium, 104 mg; folate, 3 mcg; iron, 1 mg; percent calories from fat, 15%.
Recipe courtesy of United States Department of Agriculture, Household Commodity Fact Sheet/Recipes – Delmonte.com
Makes 12 servings.