Avocado Chiltepin Dressing
Rate this Recipe
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (or your favorite plain yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or the juice from 2 limes
- ⅛ teaspoon chiltepin pepper powder or red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon honey* (optional)
- 2 - 4 ½ tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash hands with soap and warm water.
- Rinse fruit before preparing and prepare as directed above.
- Add avocado, yogurt, lime juice, chiltepin pepper powder or red pepper flakes, garlic, honey (if using), and 2 tablespoons of water to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Add additional water to blender or food processor and blend again, to achieve desired thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately or chill for later use.
*Honey should not be fed to infants less than one year of age
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 30; Carbohydrate, 2 g; Protein, 1 g; Total Fat, 2.5 g; Saturated Fat, 0 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber, 1 g; Total Sugars, 1 g; Sodium, 15 mg;
Calcium, 12 mg; Folate, 13 mcg; Iron, 0 mg.
Makes 14 servings, approximately 2 tablespoons each