2 medium tomatoes
1 green onion
½ cup chopped fresh basil (plus 2 tbsp for garnish)
4 eggs (hard-boiled)
12 slices whole-wheat baguette bread
¼ cup ricotta cheese (reduced-fat)
cracked black pepper to taste
1. Dice avocado, tomatoes, and green onions.
2. Peel and chop hard-boiled eggs.
3. Reserving 2 tbsp. basil for garnish, gently toss first five ingredients in a small bowl. Add pepper to taste.
4. Toast baguette slices and smear with ricotta cheese.
5. Top with avocado mix and garnish with chopped basil.
Servings:Makes: 4 servings
Calories, 327; Carbohydrate, 33 gm; Protein, 16 gm; Total Fat, 16 gm; Saturated Fat, 4 gm; Cholesterol, 195 mg; Fiber, 5 gm; Total Sugars, 2 gm; Sodium, 360 mg; Calcium, 137 mg; Folate 84 mcg; Iron, 3.1 mg; Calories from Fat, 43%.