Apple Filled Squash
- 1 acorn squash (about 1 pound)
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 teaspoons melted margarine
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash of ground cloves
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Halve and seed acorn squash.
- Place squash cut side up on a thick paper towel in microwave. Microwave on HIGH 6 to 7 minutes, rotating squash halfway through cooking time.
- Remove from the microwave and place in microwave-safe dish.
- In a small bowl, combine apples, margarine, sugar, and spices. Top squash pieces with apple mixture and cover with a paper towel.
- Microwave on HIGH 4 to 5 minutes or until squash and apple are tender.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 94; Carbohydrate, 20 g; Protein, 1 g; Total Fat, 2 g; Saturated Fat, 0 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber, 3 g; Total Sugars, 9 g; Sodium, 21 mg; Calcium, 41 mg; Folate, 21 mcg; Iron, 1 mg; Percent of Calories from Fat, 19%.
Makes 4 servings, ¼ of fillied squash each.