Apple Blueberry Crisp
- 4 medium apples
- 2 cups unsweetened frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons canola oil
1. Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh fruit before preparing.
2. Preheat oven to 350° F.
3. Spray an 8x8 inch or 9x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
4. Core and chop apples.
5. Put apples and blueberries into the baking dish.
6. In a small bowl, mix flour, oats, cinnamon, sugar and oil until crumbly.
7. Spread evenly over fruit.
8. Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until bubbly.
9. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)calories, 232; carbohydrate, 41 g; protein, 3 g; total fat, 8 g; saturated fat, 1 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 0 mg; fiber, 6 g; total sugars, 25 g; sodium, 1 mg; calcium, 15 mg; folate, 6 mcg; iron, 1 mg; percent of calories from fat, 31%.
Makes 8 servings, approximately ¾ cup eachAdapted from: www.wholegrainscouncil.org