3 Sisters Salad
Rate this Recipe
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium or no salt added beans such as black, kidney, or garbanzo beans
- 1 (11-ounce) can corn with red and green peppers drained or 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely chopped (optional)
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water.
- Open can of beans. Drain and rinse beans and pour into a medium bowl.
- Add corn, zucchini, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno and stir to combine.
- Serve right away or refrigerate and serve cold.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 132; Carbohydrate, 24 g; Protein, 8 g; Total Fat, 1 g; Saturated Fat, 0 g; trans fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber, 7 g; Total Sugars, 1 g; Sodium, 472 mg; Calcium, 44 mg; Folate, 85 mcg; Iron, 2 mg; Percent Calories from Fat, 7%.
Makes 4 servings, approximately 1 cup each.