Warm Kale and Apple Salad
Rate this Recipe
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 bunch kale (about 6 ounces), chopped, (large stems removed)
- 2 cups diced red apple
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Wash hands with warm water and soap.
- Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add oil and onion. Cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add apples and cook for 5 more minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add kale and cook for about 5 minutes or until kale is bright green in color and has wilted slightly. Add salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle almonds over the top and serve.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 150; Carbohydrate, 28 g; Protein, 11 g; Total Fat, 4 g; Saturated Fat, 1 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 5 mg; Fiber, 5 g; Total Sugars, 14 g; Sodium, 240 mg; Calcium, 130 mg; Folate, 34 mcg; Iron, 1.7 mg; Calories from Fat, 24%.
Makes: 2 servings