The Comfort of Tomatoes and Toast
Rate this Recipe
- 4 medium-sized tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 4 slices dry toasted whole wheat bread
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Preheat broiler.
- Slice tomatoes in half and place on tray.
- Season with salt and pepper and broil 4 inches away from the heat for about 5 minutes.
- Serve on top of toast slices.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)calories, 118; carbohydrate, 19 g; protein, 7 g; total fat, 2 g; saturated fat, 1 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 3 mg; fiber, 6 g; total sugars, 6 g; sodium, 276 mg; calcium, 213 mg; folate, 58 mcg; iron, 1 mg; percent calories from fat, 15%.
Makes 4 servings, one slice each. Recipe from "Do Yourself a Flavor" by Graham Kerr.