Sunny Side Up Spaghetti
Rate this Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, with juice
- ½ teaspoon basil, oregano, or Italian seasoning
- 6 eggs
- 6 cups spaghetti, cooked without fat or salt
- Wash hands with warm water and soap.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, heat over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook five to seven minutes or until tender and brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add diced tomatoes, basil and crushed red chili pepper. Cover skillet and reduce to low heat. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring once.
- Break one egg into a small cup. With a spoon, make an indentation in the tomato sauce. Holding cup close to sauce, slid egg into the indentation. Repeat with remaining eggs. Increase heat to medium. Cover skillet and cook eggs 5-7 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Serve immediately over cooked spaghetti.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)calories, 315; carbohydrate, 51 g; protein, 51 g; total fat, 6 g; saturated fat, 2 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 186 mg; fiber, 3 g; total sugars, 5 g; sodium, 425 mg; calcium, 107 mg; folate, 34 mg; iron, 3 mg; percent calories from fat, 18%.