Red, Yellow, and Green Pasta
Rate this Recipe
- 8 ounces orzo or other small shaped pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach or 1 package frozen chopped spinach (10 ounce) thawed and squeezed dry
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Wash hands with soap and warm water. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and cool under cold water. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a high sided skillet large enough to hold all the ingredients.
- Cook the onion for 2 minutes, add the garlic, and cook 1 minute longer.
- Toss in the red and yellow peppers and cook until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the fresh spinach just until it is wilted or if using thawed spinach, cook until heated through.
- Stir in the pasta, salt and pepper.
- Top with cheese.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)calories, 298; carbohydrate, 53 g; protein, 13 g; total fat, 4 g; saturated fat, 1 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 5 mg; fiber, 4 g; total sugars, 7 g; sodium, 301 mg; calcium, 160 mg; folate, 218 mcg; iron, 3 mg; percent calories from fat, 12%.
Makes 4 servings.Recipe from Graham Kerr's "Do Yourself a Flavor."