Pumpkin and White Bean Soup
Rate this Recipe
- 1 ½ cups apple juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can of small white beans
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree, or 2 cups of fresh pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp nutmeg, allspice, or ginger (optional)
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water.
- Mash white beans, onion, and water with a fork or blender until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large pot, add the pumpkin, juice, cinnamon, black pepper, and salt. If using nutmeg, allspice, or ginger, add that too. Stir.
- Add the bean mix to the pot.
- Cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes, until warmed through.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 108; Carbohydrate, 26 g; Protein, 5 g; Total Fat, 1 g; Saturated Fat, 0 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber,6 g; Total Sugars, 10 g; Sodium, 265 mg; Calcium, 65 mg; Folate, 12 mcg; Iron, 2mg; Percent Calories from Fat, 8%.
Makes 6 servings, approximately 1 cup each.