Mozz Totz (A Great Snack)
Rate this Recipe
- 12 ounce fat-free Mozzarella string cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup 1% low fat milk
- ½ cup prepared marinara sauce, warmed
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Wash hands with warm water and soap.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Remove cheese from package and cut into bite size pieces.
- In a small non-stick skillet mix oregano and basil with bread crumbs.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until crumbs are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Dip each piece of cheese in milk and then into toasted bread crumbs, coating completely.
- Place on baking sheet about 1 ½ inches apart.
- Spray string cheese lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake 5-6 minutes or until heated through. (cheese may melt slightly and lose shape. Simply press it back into place.
- Dip in warmed marinara sauce and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 93; Carbohydrate, 7 g; Protein, 10 g; Total Fat, 1 g; Saturated Fat, 0 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 5 mg; Fiber, 0 g; Total Sugars, 1 g; Sodium, 296 mg; Calcium, 262 mg; Folate, 0 mcg; Iron, 0 mg; Percent Calories from Fat, 12%.
Makes 12 servings