Lentil and Black Bean Tacos
- 4 whole wheat flour tortillas
- ½ cup dry lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 ½ cups water
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash vegetables with water before preparing.
- Cook lentils in the water over medium-high heat until almost all of the water is absorbed (about 15 minutes).
- When there is about 2 tablespoons of water left, add black beans and taco seasoning. Stir and continue cooking until all of the water is absorbed (about 2 minutes).
- Serve in whole wheat tortilla with your family’s favorite taco toppings.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 250; Carbohydrate, 46 g; Protein, 13 g; Total Fat, 4 g; Saturated Fat, 1 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber, 9 g; Total Sugars, 1 g; Sodium, 470 mg; Calcium, 54 mg; Folate, 50 mcg; Iron, 4 mg; Calories from Fat, 14%.
Makes 4 servings, 1 taco each.