Kid Friendly Vegetable Spaghetti
- 8 ounces dry spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh or 1, 7 ounce can sliced low-sodium mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green zucchini, cut into strips
- 1 cup fresh or frozen yellow squash, cut into strips
- 1, 15 ounce can no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- Drain and keep warm in a colander over hot water.
- Heat the oil in a high sided skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms, zucchini, and squash and cook 3 minutes.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, basil, and oregano and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve over the hot spaghetti and top with parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)calories, 302; carbohydrate, 54 g; protein, 12 g; total fat, 3 g; saturated fat, 1 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 3 mg; fiber, 4 g; total sugars, 10 g; sodium, 86 mg; calcium, 86 mg; folate, 36 mg; iron, 2 mg; percent calories from fat, 12%.
Makes 4 servings.Recipe from "Do Yourself a Flavor" by Graham Kerr.