Easy Chicken and Egg Noodle Soup
Rate this Recipe
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup onions, diced
- ½ teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 9 ounces chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 5 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 3 ounces egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 ½ cups shredded cabbage
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water. Wash fresh fruits and vegetables before preparing them.
- Heat canola oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook for 3 minutes or until onions are soft. Stir in ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 1 minute or until ginger and garlic become fragrant.
- Add chicken and broth. Bring to a boil and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in noodles and cabbage. Cook for 4 minutes or until noodles are soft.
- Stir in spinach, green onions, and sesame oil.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)calories, 194; carbohydrate, 17 g; protein, 206 g; total fat, 5 g; saturated fat, 1 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 54 mg; fiber, 2 g; total sugars, 2 g; sodium, 210 mg; calcium, 53 mg; folate, 83 mcg; iron, 2 mg; percent calories from fat, 23%.
Makes 6 servings, approximately 1 ¼ cup each.