Rate this Recipe
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk, non-fat
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water.
- Heat oven to 400°F and grease 8- or 9-inch square pan.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Add egg, oil, and milk to flour mixture. Mix until ingredients are well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until firm to touch or wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 100; Carbohydrate, 14 g; Protein, 2 g; Total Fat, 4 g; Saturated Fat, 0 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 12 mg; Fiber, 1 g; Total Sugars, 2 g; Sodium, 105 mg; Calcium, 73 mg; Folate, 13 mcg; Iron, 1 mg; Percent Calories from Fat, 36%.
Makes 16 servings, 1 piece each.