Corn and Tomatillo Soup
Rate this Recipe
- 1½ cups tomatillos
- 1½ cups chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- ¼ cup chopped spinach
- 3¾ cups whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Wash hands with soap and warm water. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Sauté tomatillos, onion and garlic with margarine for five minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a food processor or blender container. Add peas and cilantro. Purée until chunky.
- Pour the mixture into a large pot and add chicken broth, diced green chilies, chopped spinach, corn, and sugar.
- Heat and serve.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 109; Carbohydrate, 21 g; Protein, 5 g; Total Fat, 2 g; Saturated Fat, 0 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber, 3 g; Total Sugars, 8 g; Sodium, 110 mg; Calcium, 16 mg; Folate, 47 mg; Iron, 1 mg; Percent Calories from Fat, 17%.
Makes 8 servings.