Chorizo Slaw Tacos
Rate this Recipe
- 4 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, leaves, remove stems 3 tablespoons white vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- cooking spray spray
- Wash hands with soap and warm water.
- In a medium bowl, combine cabbage and cilantro to make slaw and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil and ¼ teaspoon salt. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook until browned.
- In a small bowl combine left over vinegar, oil, salt, paprika, cumin, pepper and garlic. Pour into pan with turkey.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until turkey reaches 165°F.
- Heat large frying pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Heat tortillas one at a time, until soft.
- Top each tortilla with meat filling and top with slaw and serve.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 370; Carbohydrate, 37 g; Protein, 32 g; Total Fat, 11 g; Saturated Fat, 1 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 45 mg; Fiber, 5 g; Total Sugars, 3 g; Sodium, 450 mg; Calcium, 61 g; Folate, 16 mcg; Iron, 3 mg; Calories from fat, 27%.
Makes 4 servings - Recipe Courtesy of Team 4 Nutrition