Cheese Stuffed Potatoes
- 4 baking potatoes (8 ounces each)
- 2 cups low fat (1%) cottage cheese
- 2 Tablespoons 1% low fat milk
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped onions
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place potatoes in oven and bake until tender* (about 30-40 minutes).
- Slice each potato in half, lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out pulp, leaving about ¼-inch thick shells. Save potato pulp.
- Blend cheese, milk and onion.
- Add potato pulp; mix until light and fluffy.
- Fill potato shells with mixture.
- Sprinkle chili powder over potatoes and serve.
* Potatoes can be cooked in microwave oven instead. Cook on high heat for 5-10 minutes until tender. Pierce potatoes with fork before cooking, and cover potatoes with waxed paper or paper towel.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 123; carbohydrate, 22 g; protein, 8 g; fat, 1 g; saturated fat, 1 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 5 mg; fiber, 2 g; total sugars, 4 g; sodium, 221 mg; calcium, 118 mg; folate, 25 mcg; iron, 1 mg; percent calories from fat, 7%.
Makes 8 servings - ½ potato each.