Chayote and Greens
Rate this Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 medium chayote squash chopped into large pieces
- 1 cup chopped asparagus, fresh or frozen
- 1 bunch mustard greens, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash vegetables with water before preparing.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, asparagus and squash. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in greens. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, or until greens are slightly wilted.
- Drizzle with lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 60; Carbohydrate, 9 g; Protein, 4 g; Total Fat, 2.5 g; Saturated Fat, 0 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber, 5 g; Total Sugars, 2 g; Sodium, 125 mg; Calcium, 256 gm; Folate, 255 mcg; Iron, 2.5 mg; Calories from Fat, 38%.
Makes 6 servings, approximately 1 cup each.