Rate this Recipe
- Serve these onions as a side dish or as an addition to salad, spaghetti sauce, or vegetables and rice.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound onions, peeled and sliced
- Wash hands with warm water and soap.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet on medium heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and browned, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 55; carbohydrate, 11 g; protein, 1 gm; total fat, 1 gm; saturated fat, 0 gm; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 0 mg; fiber, 2 gm; total sugars, 5 g; sodium, 3 mg; calcium, 26 mg; folate, 22 mcg; iron, 0 mg; percent of calories from fat, 16%.
Makes 4 servings.Recipe from "Do Yourself a Flavor" by Graham Kerr.