Black Beans with Corn and Tomatoes
Rate this Recipe
- 1 can low sodium, no fat added black beans (about 15 ounce can)
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon chili powder (or more to taste)
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- In a bowl, combine beans, corn, tomatoes and garlic.
- Add parsley, pepper and chili powder.
- Combine and serve.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 71; Carbohydrate, 16 g; Protein, 4 g; Total Fat, 0 g; Saturated Fat, 0 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Fiber, 4 gm; Sodium, 245 mg; Calcium, 31 mg; Folate, 1 mcg; Iron, 1 mg; Percent Calories from Fat, 4%.
Makes 6 servings, approximately 3/4 cup each.