Black Bean and Corn Pitas
Rate this Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounce) low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or no salt added canned tomatoes
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 medium whole wheat pita pockets
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fres vegetables before preparing.
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, and garlic.
- Add parsley, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and chili powder.
- Cut pit bread in half to form 4 pockets and spoon equal amounts of filling into each half. Top with cheese and serve.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 250; Carbohydrates, 37 g; Protein, 10 g; Total Fat, 10 g; Saturated Fat, 2 g; Trans Fat, 0 g; Cholesterol, 5 mg; Fiber, 11 g; Total Sugars, 5 g; Sodium, 390 mg; Calcium, 121 mg; Folate, 47 mcg; Iron, 2 mg; Percent of Calories from Fat, 36%
This recipe courtesy of Network for a Healthy California
Makes 4 servings / ½ pita each.