Baked Apple Wedges
Rate this Recipe
- 2 baking apples (yellow apples)
- ½ Teaspoon margarine
- 1 ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice (optional)
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh fruits before preparing.
- Wash apples, then peel, core and cut apples into quarters or wedges, depending on the size of the apple.
- Place apples in 1 quart baking dish. Dot apples with margarine. Sprinkle apples lightly with sugar and cinnamon. Orange juice may be added if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes until apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)calories, 110; carbohydrate, 28 g; protein, 0.05 g; total fat, 0.93 g; saturated fat, 0.17 g; trans fat, 0.17 g; cholesterol, 0 mg; fiber, 6 g; total sugars, 21 g; sodium, 9 mg; calcium, 13 mg; folate, 0.08 mcg; iron, 0.47 mg; percent calories from fat, 8%.
Recipe courtesy of Massachusetts Department of Agriculture -Farmer's Market Recipes
Makes 2 servings.