Baby Summer Squash
Rate this Recipe
- 1 pound baby summer squash, sliced
- ½ teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons of dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Trim off the stem end of the squash.
- Cut larger squash in half before slicing.
- Heat the oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Fry the squash until tender for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cook 1 minute longer.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)Calories, 30; carbohydrate, 5 g; protein, 1 g; total fat, 1 g; saturated fat, 0 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 0 mg; fiber, 2 g; total sugars, 2 g; sodium, 147 mg; calcium, 28 mg; folate, 3 mcg; iron, 1 mg; percent calories from fat, 30%.
Makes 4 servings.Recipe from "Do Yourself a Flavor" by Graham Kerr.